NetTerminal Model 500
Network Text Terminal
a low cost text terminal that provides connectivity to TCP/IP networks
<----- connect this logic box to a monitor and keyboard
Add your own monitor (or ours) and keyboard to this logic box to create a low cost PC alternative. NetTerminal works using standard Ethernet protocols over thin-net or twisted pair Ethernet cabling. It replaces ASCII/ANSI terminals and PC's running terminal emulation software. The NetTerminal is designed for color and monochrome text applications.
The Model 500 has support for two text terminals from its serial ports, acting as a terminal server
Multi-session with Unmatched Performance and User Productivity
Up to 12 color TELNET sessions are provided over 10Mbps Ethernet or local SLIP via serial ports. Users can run applications concurrently on multiple hosts accessible to existing TCP/IP networks.
Built-in TCP/IP Print Server
The NetTerminal can be configured as a print server for network-wide printing using two local RS-232 serial ports and a PC compatible parallel port. Anyone on the network can access a printer off the NetTerminal with LPD or RCMD protocols. Transparent printing is supported using ESC sequences.
Plug & Play Installation
Simply connect NetTerminal to existing TCP/IP networks either using the host cable or DNS for large corporate networks. Sessions are individually configured with a user-friendly administration interface. No added setup on the host is required. Connect the monitor, keyboard and cable; turn the NetTerminal on, and enter the host IP address.
Using the latest Flash ROM technology, the NetTerminal firmware is field upgradeable over the network, allowing it to evolve with user needs. Multiple feature sets are available to address specific requirements.
All configuration information is stored locally, eliminating the need for complex boot server software installation.
The NetTerminal's serial and parallel ports are network transparent and can be accessed as local UNIX tty devices from the host, a requirement for many POS applications.
Compact and Reliable
The NetTerminal is a diskless, compact and ergonomic low profile package which provides connections for a VGA monitor, keyboard, system printer, 2 serial devices and an Ethernet network. With no moving parts, it is both reliable and durable.
- Cost-effective PC alternative
- Perfect for Unix environments that require TCP/IP connectivity
- Color VGA compatiblility
- Built-in multiple port print server
- SCO console
- Wyse 60,Wyse 50
- HP UX
- ODT R3
- Open Server R5
- UNIX V.4
- many other UNIX operating systems
12 full screen TELNET sessions can be simultaneously active
LPD or RCMD over TCP/IP
- PC AT style DIN connector
- PS/2 style DIN connector
- operates with an AT compatible keyboard
- Base: 1MB RAM
- Expansion: 4 SIMM sockets for additional RAM
- Flash: 512K bytes used to store firmware and configuration database
- Ethernet: 16-bit bus mastering LAN coprocessor. Supports IEEE 802.3 and Ethernet standards using 10Base2 and 10BaseT interfaces
- Serial: dual high-performance asynchronous UARTS up to 115Kbps PC-compatible. DB-9 connectors, RS-232C compliant
- Parallel: 1 Centronics/IBM PC-compatible with DB-25 connector
- flicker-free 70Hz refresh rate
- 25 or 43 lines with top and/or bottom status lines
- 80 or 132 columns
- selectable scrolling region
- selectable screen saver
- programmable tab stops
- 1 year return-to-factory
- optional 3 additional years
- temperature: 50oF to 104oF (10oC to 40oC)
- altitude: 0 to 20,000 feet (0 to 6,096 meters)
- temperature: 32oF to 122oF (0oC to 50oC)
- storage: 10 to 95% RH, non-condensing
- operating: 30 to 80% RH, non-condensing
- Voltage: 110/220 VAC
- Frequency: 47/63 Hz
- Current: 0.5/0.2 amps
- EPA Energy Star "Sleep Mode" (monitor dependent)
- Complete Unit 11.7" (L) x 10.4" (W) x 13.7" (H) (29.7 cm x 26.4 cm x 34.8 cm)
Shipping weight: 28.0 lbs (12.7 kg)
- CSA Standard 22.2, No. 950
- FCC Class A
- UL 1950